If I am charged with prescription narcotics possession, how do I prove they were legal?

Proving Prescription Narcotics Are Legal

Being charged with prescription narcotics possession in Miami Beach is a serious offense. One defense that you may be able to use is that you have a valid prescription for the drug. For help with your case, contact a criminal defense law firm immediately.

If you are charged with prescription narcotics possession and they have been prescribed by a medical doctor, the best way to prove they are legal is to make sure they are in the original container. Never transport your medication in unmarked containers or any other ways in which they can’t be identified.

Getting Charged with Prescription Narcotics Isn’t the End

With the original container, the label will identify your name, dosage and other pertinent information. Of course, this also means you should have a valid I.D. on hand so that you can prove the name on the bottle matches your name.

Depending on the type of prescription, you could be charged with a misdemeanor or felony. It could result in prison time, ranging from a month to several years.  If you happen to have a past violent criminal history or prior charges, it could also impact the outcome. Even if the narcotics are legal, you may still have to jump through a few hoops.

Contact a Criminal Defense Law Firm When Facing Narcotic Charges in Miami Beach

The use and abuse of prescription narcotics is a serious issue in Florida. According to the Florida Office of the Attorney General, everyday in this state seven people lose their lives as a result of prescription drug abuse.

It doesn’t matter at which Miami Beach pharmacy you have your prescription filled — Milton Medical Pharmacy, Lee-Ann Pharmacy, CVS, Walgreens, etc. Don’t transfer your pills into a different container. If you are going to keep them on your person, it is critical they remain in the container you received from the pharmacy. Contact an attorney at Falk & Ross if you were charged with prescription narcotics possession (305) 741-6997.