When Should I Plead “No Contest” in Florida?

In cases where someone is facing criminal charges you may hear talk about attempting to plead “no contest” and Florida law allows for you to do this when you are charged with criminal activity. However, this is not a process you should attempt to undertake without the help of a Miami criminal defense attorney.

When you plead “no contest” as an answer to the criminal charges you are accused of it literally means, “I will not contest it.” This is somewhat of a neutral answer to the question of are you guilty of the charges against you. Pleading no contest in Florida means you neither admit nor deny the criminal charges.

If after consulting with your Miami criminal defense attorney you determine that you will plead no contest it usually results in a criminal sentence. While this doesn’t sound like a good resolution there are many reasons your attorney may suggest this option.

If you do plead no contest in Florida you are not admitting to a tort or any criminal activity that can be used against you in a future civil case. This means that your criminal case can be resolved and no longer used as evidence against you if another party tries to bring civil suit regarding the accused activity. In the state of Pennsylvania limitedtortlawyers.com has attorneys that can make sense of the law if you’re injured.

Pleading no contest in Floridacan also save you time and money by avoiding lengthy case deliberation. Your Miami criminal defense attorney is able to explain your situation and offer you the best option to resolve your criminal charges, whether it is to plead no contest or any other defense strategy.

Contacting a Miami Criminal Defense Attorney

If you are facing criminal charges in Miamiyour legal team is your best defense. The defense team you choose to represent you in court, defend your rights, and relentlessly pursue your case could be the difference between jail time and getting on with your life. Contact the Miami criminal defense attorneys at Falk & Ross to discuss your case – 1-877-663-5110.